Train The Trainer (T5)
Law Enforcement Tactical Tracker Train The Trainer (T5)
As seen here, TTOS programs and instruction by our subject matter experts has resulted in many students taking the next step toward mastery of the skill – teaching it. Gold standard adult learning concepts tell us that the quickest path toward mastery of a skill is to teach it, which is why instructors use “teach-backs” as a learning tool
Since our “Legacy” programs (1994-2012) were such a great vehicle for students to become instructors from, this is the same program attendees of our trainer courses will take home with them. Each attendee of our trainer courses can act as unit trainers for their respective organizations and take with them an entire instructional package, including our legacy programs of instruction.
The Law Enforcement T5 Progression
LE T5 Level 1 is five day course that trains and qualifies LEOs to teach visual Search techniques and basic tracking to their agency:
- Visual Search Techniques and Tracking
- Latent Prints/Impressions and Interpretation
- Ground Sign and Action Indicators
- Spoor and Sign Aging Lab
- Site/Scene Exploitation and Crime Scene Management
- Evidence Collection – Foot Print and Tire Impressions
LE T5 Level 2 is a five day course that trains and qualifies LEOs to teach pursuit ops tracking to their respective agency:
- Duties and Responsibilities of Tracker and Team
- Tracking Formations (2,3, -6 Man) and alternative formations and risk assessment
- Team Search Techniques to Acquire/Re-Acquire Tracks
- Encounter Actions/Contact Tactics
- K9 integration, tactics and rotation
- Tracking in Urban Terrain
- Low Light/No Light Tracking Techniques
- If you have attended training from any of the instructors listed (which are TTOS legacy programs) you may be allowed to come straight into an abbreviated version of the T5 program. This is done on a case by case basis.
- Each TTOS T5 students accepted under the above provision will be required to provide their student manuals from their former instruction, including a certificate of completion, prior to the course.
- Each TTOS T5 student will be required to attend the course in its entirety (5 days/50-60 hours, or abbreviate 3 days/24-32 hours). Upon successful completion of the course, the new instructor will be qualified as agency instructors. Each new instructor under the T5 program will be capable of creating a program of instruction for their agency, with our Legacy materials, or materials received in previous instruction.
- TTOS T5 students who successfully become instructors will be required to recertify every three years, at minimal cost (three day refresher, update and re-qual)
- Our TTOS T5 path gives program ownership to each agency choosing to take advantage of it.
LE T5 Level 3 is a five day course that trains and qualifies LEOs to teach tracking operations and C2 (command and control) to their respective agency:
- Pursuit Operations Tactics and Strategies
- Chase Profiling
- Terrain Profiling
- Technical Tracking Options and Integration
- Interoperability Solutions
- Navigational Interoperability
- Strategic/Tactical Interoperability
- Communications Interoperability Techniques
- Reporting Procedures and Chase Documentation
- Command and Control of a Tracking Operation
- Integration and Use of Available Assets
Please contact us for more information regarding our Tactical Tracker Train the Trainer, T5 programs. This course can be run and attended at any TTOS training location worldwide, or direct to you at your unit or agency.